- Subdue Kingdoms/Dismantle Kingdoms
- Establish/Build and Set Up Kingdoms
- Wrought righteousness.
- Stop the Mouth of Lions
- Quench Violence of Fire
- Escape the Edge of the Sword.
- Obtain Promises
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity
Key Bible Passages: Joshua 1:3-7; 14:6-14; 17:14-17; Jeremiah 1:1-10; Daniel 11:32; Romans 1:17; Galatians 2:20; Hebrews 11:17-40
- Joshua 1:3-7
3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
- Joshua 14:6-14
12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.
- Joshua 17:14-17
14 And the children of Joseph spake unto Joshua, saying, Why hast thou given me but one lot and one portion to inherit, seeing I am a great people, forasmuch as the LORD hath blessed me hitherto?
Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
1 The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests that were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin:..
10 See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
- Daniel 11:32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
- Hebrews 11:17-40
27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
28 Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.
29 By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.
30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.
31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:…
Points to Consider
- Know God and His Promises for your life.
- Assured that our God is a God of Plan, Purpose and Order
- He never fails, and do not change – He watches over His Word to perform it.
- He knows us before we were formed in our mother’s womb. He designed for specific assignments and endowed with necessary gift and anointing for the work He has for us.
- He gives us power to get wealth and accomplish
- We are His ambassadors here on earth – hence our actions and reactions must be for the advancement of His Kingdom here on earth.
- Know who you are in Christ Jesus
- Your Portion – like:
- The children of Manasseh, declared that they needed more land because the portion allotted was not enough for them
- Caleb who despite forty years after the promise of a land he requested to take possession of it.
- Your Assignment. Like –
- Moses, the man who led Israel out of Egypt
- Elisha – the successor of Elijah with the double portion anointing of his master
iii. Jonah the prophet that was sent to Nineveh
- Peter the apostle that was commissioned by Christ Jesus to lead the other apostles and take the Gospel to the Gentiles.
- Paul of Tarsus – Commissioned by Christ Jesus to take the Gospel to the Gentiles. He was a well educated lawyer and Pharisee who almost 1/3 of the New Testament. He testified of Jesus before king Agrippah Felix, and Festus and took the Gospel to Rome.
- Faith must be exercised and applied constantly and consistently for to work.
- Application of faith must be based on the Word and Counsel of the LORD through: –
- The Bible
- God’s Servants
- The Just lives by Faith – We are justified through Christ Jesus, therefore we must live in our new birth and calling.
- Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
- Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 3:11-12
Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
- Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
In His Footsteps
By Dr. Margaret J. Makinde